Friday, January 15, 2010

Michael Eric Dyson: Obama Runs from Race Like a Black Man Runs from a Cop' - BV Black Spin

Michael Eric Dyson: Obama Runs from Race Like a Black Man Runs from a Cop' - BV Black Spin: "Georgetown University Professor Michael Eric Dyson criticized President Barack Obama for avoiding racial issues last night on MSNBC:

'I think that we should push the president. This president runs from race like a black man runs from a cop. What we have to do is ask Mr. Obama to stand up and use his bully pulpit to help us. He is loathe to speak about race.'

Michael Eric Dyson is my homeboy and one of the single greatest reasons I chose to engage in black public scholarship in the first place (Dr. Julianne Malveaux was the other). I love him like a brother and respect all that he has to say (even when I disagree). While I personally didn't want to take a sledgehammer to the head of the White House during my commentary on the Reid situation, I love the fact that Dyson's comments, while certainly inflammatory, likely caused the heads of White House staffers to shoot up like a dog hearing a funny noise. In other words, he got Barack's attention and called him to the porch like a 10-year-old yelling insults at another kid's mama.

Let's be clear on the following facts: Read the additional facts and watch the video with Mr. Dyson here

Most Popular Posts this Week...
Do you like to ski?
Help Find this missing girl!
Read this alone
The Affiliate X Factor Program
Do you want to write a book? tips and tricks on getting started.

No comments:

Subscribe via email to get my News Shorts updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner