Thursday, September 4, 2008

I officially accepted the nomination as the first female Republican vice presidential candidate

Last night I was humbled and honored to make history as I officially accepted the nomination as the first female Republican vice presidential candidate.

I accept the call to help John McCain serve and defend America. I accept the challenge of a tough fight in this election, against confident opponents and at a crucial hour for our country. And I accept the privilege of serving with a man who has come through much harder missions.

I cannot tell you how special last night was for me and how enthused I am to be John McCain's running mate. Our nominee for president is a true profile in courage, and people like that are hard to come by. He's a man who wore the uniform of this country for 22 years, and refused to break faith with those troops in Iraq who have now brought victory within sight. And he's the man I know is ready to lead as our next Commander in Chief.

Friends, there is a time for politics and a time for leadership. There is a time to campaign and a time to put our country first. John McCain and I are putting our country first, because it's what true leaders do.

Unfortunately, as you've seen this week, the Obama/Biden Democrats have been vicious in their attacks directed toward me, my family and John McCain. The misinformation and flat-out lies must be corrected.

What you can do today is give whatever you can afford - right now - to McCain-Palin Victory 2008. Your support is very important as we face the Obama Democrats and their vicious attacks. We must have the finances to respond to the latest attacks the Democrats have launched at us. It doesn't matter if your donation is $25 or $250 - every little bit helps.

John McCain and I are ready to shake up Washington, ready to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it. If you elect us as the next President and Vice President of the United States, I promise you, our country will always come first. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Governor Sarah Palin

P.S. If character is the measure in this election, then I ask you to join our cause. Join our cause and help America elect a great man as the next president of the United States. Please follow this link to give $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or more to help us respond to the Democrats' attacks. Thank you.


Most Popular Posts this Week...
Do you like to ski?
Help Find this missing girl!
Read this alone
The Affiliate X Factor Program
Do you want to write a book? tips and tricks on getting started.

No comments:

Subscribe via email to get my News Shorts updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner