Sunday, October 11, 2009

DJ AM, T.I. win at BET Hip-Hop Awards - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

DJ AM, T.I. win at BET Hip-Hop Awards - Today's News: Our Take TVGuide.com: "The Associated Press reported that T.I.'s fiancée, Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle, accepted his awards at the ceremony in Atlanta and read a letter from him. He began serving a yearlong sentence in late May on a federal weapons conviction.

Cottle quoted the rapper as writing: 'My road to redemption is almost over. ... Thanks for the support.'

Jay-Z and Drake also were winners, as was Ice Cube, who received the 'I Am Hip-Hop' icon award.
Ice Cube helped launch the gangsta rap genre with the group NWA, and he starred in 'Barbershop' and 'Friday,' which he also co-wrote.

'When you get recognized by your peers for a life of work, you got to be humbled,' he said. 'I'm honored by this. I have 20 more years of work left in me. I hope (BET) is ready to give out two of these awards.'

Rapper Busta Rhymes presented the award for DJ AM, who died of an accidental drug overdose in August."

Most Popular Posts this Week...
Do you like to ski?
Help Find this missing girl!
Read this alone
The Affiliate X Factor Program
Do you want to write a book? tips and tricks on getting started.

No comments:

Subscribe via email to get my News Shorts updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner