Thursday, October 8, 2009

When life without parole doesn't mean life

When life doesn't mean life: "A Lake Criminal Court judge sentenced the Gary resident, convicted of murder, to life in prison for his role in the death of Richard Taylor.

'I thought it meant I would be locked up for the rest of my life,' Lewis said. 'It drained all of the emotions out of me.'

He later discovered a life sentence didn't mean life behind bars, which infuriates some surviving victims and the families of slain victims.
The Indiana Parole Board rebuffed Lewis' first petitions for parole. But in 2002, the board approved his release.

Lewis' case is not unique. Hundreds of other offenders initially sent to prison for life have reappeared on public streets and neighborhoods, a Times investigation shows."

dot ws... the domain that pays... http://gioperation.ws/

Follow me on Twitter

Free Think and Grow Rich book

No comments:

Subscribe via email to get my News Shorts updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner