Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tyler Perry Reveals Childhood Abuse in an Open Letter - BV on Movies film 'Precious'

Tyler Perry Reveals Childhood Abuse in an Open Letter - BV on Movies: "In the letter, Perry recalled some of the most painful memories he faced as a child, and the beatings that his mother endured at the hands of his father. He also recalled an incident of what appears to be molestation at age 10 by the mother oftyler perry a childhood friend, and he also mentions being molested by a man at an unspecified age. 'I got a call not long ago from a friend. He told me that a man that I knew from church when I was a kid had died and...his family was trying to reach out to me to see if I would pay for his funeral. I quickly said no, but I wish I would have said yes. There is something so powerful to me in burying the man that molested me. I wish I would have dug the grave myself.'

He also tells of the time his mother tried to leave his abusive father when he was just a tot. 'She loaded me and my two sisters up in an old Cadillac that he had bought for her, and drove to California. When he realized she was gone, he called the police and reported the car stolen, as it was in his name. My mother was arrested, and my two sisters and I were put in the cell with her. He and my uncle drove from Louisiana to California to get us. We spent several days in jail waiting for him. He bailed her out and couldn't wait to get her into the car. He got into the back seat with us and beat her black and blue from California to Louisiana, as me and my sisters watched. Even though I was only two or three, I know that this had to have some effect on me.'"

Most Popular Posts this Week...
Do you like to ski?
Help Find this missing girl!
Read this alone
The Affiliate X Factor Program
Do you want to write a book? tips and tricks on getting started.

No comments:

Subscribe via email to get my News Shorts updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner